What Are Web Apps?
Mobile App Advantage + Website Advantage = Web Apps. 2 IN 1
Progressive web applications (PWAs) are web applications that load like regular web pages or websites but can offer the user functionality such as working offline, push notifications, and device hardware access traditionally available only to mobile apps. PWAs combine the flexibility of the web with the experience of a mobile apps.
Why is Web Apps Better Than Mobile App?
Web Apps are Fast, Easy and Economical compare to Mobile Apps
- Web Apps are more efficient than Mobile apps. They work on-demand and are always accessible, without taking up smartphone’s valuable memory and data.
- Users consume less data. However, this doesn’t mean that the users need to sacrifice the convenience of a native app. They are still able to save the PWA to their home screen — it’s installable without the hassle of a real download.
- This not only highlights the improvement in user experience but also the earlier issue of consumer buy-in. Users must make a conscious decision and even a commitment to download and keep a native app. Uninstalling that app is an equally final decision. In contrast, clicking a simple link is an easy task that requires very little consideration, little data storage on your device, no lengthy download period and no installation.
- They are faster to build and update. You can also create one version of the app, and it displays seamlessly and identically on all devices. Rather than the segmented market of native mobile apps — where businesses need a separate app structure for Apple and Android devices.
What companies have web apps?
8 Popular companies that do Web Apps
- Virgin America
- The Washington Post
Results for companies who are using Web Apps?
76% increase in total conversion, 40% more time on the site.
- Alibaba Web apps resulted in a 76% increase in total conversions
- Tinder saw load times cut in half compared to its native app. This led to longer session times, more messages sent and more swiping.
- Pinterest’s users spend 40% more time on the site compared to the previous mobile website. Ad revenue rates also increased by 44%, and core engagements shot up 60%.
- Flipkart saw 60% of customers who had uninstalled their native app return to use the Flipkart.
- Lancôme saw an 84% decrease in time until the page is interactive, leading to a 17% increase in conversions and a 53% increase in mobile sessions on iOS.
Interested to create Web Apps for your company?
Talk to us, you can send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org